Top 10 Tips for Managing a Remote Team
- Communicate - Consider a daily email update to your team or a weekly town hall via Zoom.
- Reward - Double down on peer recognition programs.
- Surprise - Send your team members with children a gift box of age appropriate books or activities.
- Feed - Surprise your team with a meal delivered by a local delivery service.
- Acknowledge - Share your personal frustrations and challenges with the “new normal”.
- Wellness - Encourage meditation and gratitude. Your team is going through a LOT right now!
- Slack - Have a fun slack channel to provide social interaction during this time of social distancing.
- Assume the best - It is easy to assume that people are not working as hard as they did when you could see them, but this isn’t usually the case.
- Recognize - Understand that communicating via email, text and even Zoom doesn’t replace face to face, and it is easy to have misunderstandings. Give others more understanding to help compensate.
- Culture - Now, more than ever, focus on and reinforce the values/mission/superpowers that have made your team special and unique. You will all get through this together!
Need help identifying your team's superpowers? We are happy to help. Contact us at Info@AmyCellTalent.com for more information.
For more timely Tips, Tools, and Trends from Amy Cell Talent, check out "Recent Articles"