MI Intern Matchmaker Program
Do you want to bring on a college intern to help grow your business? Would you like to access a large pool of internship candidates? Are you looking for direction on how to set up an intern program?
If yes, let us help you find the perfect intern and grow your company's talent pipeline in 2019!
We can help you gain access to college students who are seeking internship opportunities in Michigan, as well as provide you with advice on setting up an effective, productive internship program.
Bank of Ann Arbor is excited to have found a bright, eager-to-learn college student through the Matchmaker Intern Database. Our intern is delighted to spend the summer in Ann Arbor living with her grandparents and getting real world experience with us. All of the candidates we interviewed through the Matchmaker database were hungry for experience and ready to work. It was a hard choice. The database is a wonderful tool to match businesses and interns.
- Rhonda Foxworth, Bank of Ann Arbor
Students' Areas of Study
- Business Administration
- Computer Science/IT
- Life Sciences
- and others!
2019 - Amy Cell Talent, New Eagle, and more coming soon!
2018 - Akervall Technologies, Arbormoon Autonomous Safety, DASI Solutions, EagleView, Give and Take, Invest Detroit, MEMS Journal, MicroTech Ventures, Mindo Chocolate, New Eagle, Northwestern Mutual, Pyamid Consulting, Inc., Shop Window, Sema, Sugar Beach Resort, TinkerTech, Voxel51
How To Join
- Access our Intern Database.
- Promote your internship opportunities to dozens of colleges and prospective interns.
- Participate in our Intern Mixer.
- Receive intern program support, advice, and tools.
- Participate in our Summer Fun Program for Interns. Good for one Season Pass. Additional intern passes may be purchased. See below for details.
Back By Popular Demand
In collaboration with local businesses and Ann Arbor SPARK, we are offering the AfterWork Summer Fun Program for Interns in 2019.
AfterWork is a social networking and professional engagement program for college interns.
Engaging interns with their peers and local professionals helps them to build relationships, extend their circle of knowledge, increase their comfort level, and creates an awareness of the array of opportunities and resources that exist in the Ann Arbor area. In turn, these newfound connections and learnings create "stickiness," so that interns are more likely to return to the region upon graduation. It's a win-win for employers and interns alike.
- Explore Ann Arbor - An Inside Tour - June 7, 2019
- Ann Arbor Summer Festival Intern Tent Party - June 14, 2019
- Sonic Lunch Intern Mixer and Lunch - July 11, 2019
- UofM Big House Tour & Tailgate - July 25, 2019
How To Join
Employers may purchase AfterWork in the following ways:
- As part of the MI Intern Matchmaker Program (included in the $199.00 program fee, outlined above).
- As a Season Pass for $99.00 per intern.
- As single events, by either the employer or the intern directly. Advanced group pricing is available. Just let us know which events you are interested in, and how many interns you will bring.
- $30 - Explore Ann Arbor - An Inside Tour
- $30 - Ann Arbor Summer Festival Intern Tent Party
- $20 - Sonic Lunch Intern Mixer and Lunch
- $40 - UofM Big House Tour & Tailgate
For information on customized programs and pricing, please contact Amy Cell at Amy@AmyCellTalent.com.
General Internship Resources
- How to Develop a Successful Intern Program
- Guidelines for Unpaid Internships - US Department of Labor, Fair Labor Standards Act
- Youth Employment Information Sheet - Michigan Department of Education
- Procedures for International Students - Work Authorization