Customer Service Representative - NoIR - Milford
Are you a detail oriented team player that loves delighting the customer? Do you want to work for a company that is a leader in their field, has a great culture and is undergoing exciting changes? If so, keep reading!
About the company:
NoIR was established in 1972 and is an industry leader in the eye-safety industry by maintaining a singular focus: to develop a comprehensive line of safety eyewear for coherent and non-coherent light sources by responding to the needs of customers, both large and small.
About the position:
The customer Service Rep takes orders from customers on the phone, from online orders and faxed POs and inputs those orders into supply chain software. You work on the phone and email to help fulfill orders for clients and customers, and follow orders through the shipping process, providing tracking and invoice information as requested. You often use coding systems or database systems to input and track orders throughout the process. You will field all incoming phone calls, handling retail orders and inquiries while transferring questions, long term projects and major accounts to the Technical Sales Reps. All customer service reps are expected to work with the mindset that they will do everything they can to make it easy and pleasant for a customer to do business with us.
Key Duties andResponsibilities:
- Work directly with customers either by telephone and electronically.
- Set up new customer accounts and update existing account information accurately and in accordance with established entry guidelines.
- Enter customer estimates, orders, order changes, return authorizations (RMA) according to established department policies and procedures.
- Work closely with the production and purchasing teams to expedite order requests.
- Gather customer credit information and work with the accounting department to set up customer payment terms and resolve credit issues/invoice price adjustments.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries for pricing and lead-time information.
- Partner with the sales and technical support teams to meet and exceed customer’s service expectations.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works under immediate supervision of Customer Service Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Significant customer service experience.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, experience in CRM - Salesforce etc.
- Must be detail oriented, have good problem solving / analysis skills.
- Time Management: Speed is of the essence. Being able to manage how much time is spent on a project is important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player.