Director - McKinley Companies, LLC - Ann Arbor (75% travel)
Are you a polished business executive passionate about customer experience? Are you looking for a challenging role to use your wide range of skills which include people management, customer service, operations and managing projects? If so, keep reading! Prior property management experience not required!
McKinley is an organization that invests in people and real estate. Their residential multi family portfolio is based heavily in the Michigan and Florida markets where they are currently pursuing additional growth. Their Core Purpose: To enrich the quality of life in our communities.
About the Position
McKinley is looking for a creative and experienced business executive to join the leadership team based in Ann Arbor with extensive travel to a portfolio of 5-10 properties located in Florida. This position is with McKinley’s Owned Residential division working at communities we own and operate as long-term assets. The position will be based out of our Ann Arbor headquarters but will require frequent weekly travel to Florida.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading our Community Managers to achieve customer service standards and net operating income objectives. You will spend the majority of your time at the front lines of the business, on-site at our apartment communities, developing your team, walking product and evaluating performance.
- Ensure our residents are taken care of and happy with their homes. Customer service is first and foremost for this position.
- Maintain clean and well cared for communities. This includes the landscaping, grounds, hallways, dumpster areas and everything in between.
- Clearly communicate expectations to your team and motivate team members to succeed.
- Evaluate performance of your own team objectively and critically.
- Deliver high quality written and verbal feedback in a constructive, honest and direct way.
- Identify and evaluate investment opportunities within our communities. Oversee small and large scale capital improvement projects.
- Desire to master all operational topics (sales, resident retention, work orders, turns, expenses, collections) and the ability to hold others accountable to these operational standards.
- Very organized and have a high degree of follow through; there can be no slack in the execution of objectives.
- Strong leadership skills including hiring, issuing feedback, setting expectations, and terminating when necessary.
- Leads by example through customer service. We are looking for someone who is truly excited to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Takes direction and feedback very well, craves learning opportunities and personal development.
- Demonstrates a very clear understanding of expectations for product excellence.
- Ability to think outside of the box and solve complex problems with creative solutions.