Software Engineering Manager - KLA - Ann Arbor
Are you ready to lead and manage all phases of software project planning and execution? If yes, read on!
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling.
At KLA, we're making technology advancements that are bigger - and tinier - than the world has ever seen.
Who are we? We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips - the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own - faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer?
With over 40 years of semiconductor process control experience, chipmakers around the globe rely on KLA to ensure that their fabs ramp next-generation devices to volume production quickly and cost-effectively. Enabling the movement towards advanced chip design, KLA's Global Products Group (GPG), which is responsible for creating all of KLA’s metrology and inspection products, is looking for the best and the brightest research scientist, software engineers, application development engineers, and senior product technology process engineers.
Central Engineering is KLA's largest engineering organization comprised of 9 Centers-of-Excellence (CoE) in various disciplines applied across all product groups in the company. These CoE include Handling & Automation, Precision Motion Control, Sensors & Image Acquisition, Platform Design, and Packaging Engineering, among others. Talent includes over 500 engineers across global centers in Israel, China, India, and the US. Each CoE contributes not just talent and deliverables per discipline toward product programs, but also subject matter expertise, best practices, roadmaps, specialized facilities, apparatus, models, and analytics. These differentiate KLA not only in WHAT we do, but also in HOW we do it.
About the Role
- Establish operational objectives and assignments, and delegates assignments to subordinates
- Lead and manage all phases of software project planning and execution in a cross-function (Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Service) program team or matrix environment in semiconductor capital equipment.
- Be responsible for project execution, schedule and milestone/commitment delivery.
- Lead and take responsibility for all planning and development activities (e.g., driving software team to milestones, mitigating risks) for software product excellence in quality, reliability, user experience and functionality.
- Communicate and share information, learning, and methods with cross-functional team members to achieve organizational/program goals
- Semiconductor industry and semiconductor equipment - both software and hardware
- Visual Studio versions 6 through 7.1
- .NET Framework, C#, C++, COM, MFC, Java
- OOD/OOA design
- Windows operating system
- Requirement definition, configuration management, quality control, design, development, effective reuse, debugging and usability
- Managed cross-functional groups involved in the development, assembly, test, verification, manufacture, application, and service of complex opto-mechanical instruments. Experience may be gained concurrently
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle and Process Workflow, or other software life cycles
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile Software Development Life Cycle and Process Workflow.
- Working knowledge of the software management and build-test automation tools. Working knowledge for the following tools is preferred.
- Rational Team Concert – source code management and software development tool
- Jenkins – software integration and test server
- Coverity software analysis tools (static and dynamic)
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of experience; or Master's Degree with 7+ years of experience; or Doctorate (Academic) with 4+ years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Please send your resume to: Info@AmyCellTalent.com - thanks!