Senior Software Engineer - Seraph Biosciences, Inc - Detroit
Outstanding opportunity for a senior software engineer to join a hot biotech company in Detroit!
Seraph Biosciences seeks a Senior Software Engineer with machine learning (Python and associated libraries), database (SQL), embedded medical device (C++/SQL/QT), cloud architecture (AWS), and software documentation experience.
Seraph Biosciences was created specifically to commercialize Seraspec®, a Raman spectroscopy-based platform technology for real time pathogen detection and identification at the point of care. Seraspec® represents a paradigm shift away from existing methods for identification of dangerous bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic infections. Our patent pending technology and method of detection effectively eliminates the need for costly and time-consuming laboratory-based methods of specimen collection, processing and pathogen identification
About the Role
In this role, you will work in collaboration with the senior software researcher, primary software development partners, and biomedical lab team. You will develop intelligent algorithms and code architecture, with the primary responsibility to lead the effort to deploy intelligent algorithms and related API’s, to deploy a secure database strategy, and to lead documentation efforts. The core application is Windows-based embedded software built with C++, QT, and SQL. Proprietary deep learning algorithms have been developed using Python.
- Report directly to the Director of Engineering and collaborate directly with the CEO, Senior Software Researcher, and software development partners
- Core tasks will include leadership in software requirements definition, documentation, secure database strategy/implementation, and related coding
- Conduct code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Collaborate with senior software researcher and software development partners to improve the core product application
- Support quality checks such as milestone reviews and quality assessments
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Proven leadership capabilities in the software field
- Working knowledge of embedded systems
- Strong development/implementation experience with QT, C++, and Python
- Strong development/implementation experience with AWS, related API’s, and SQL
- Strong development/implementation experience using Agile development life cycle
Seraph Biosciences, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Seraph Biosciences, Inc. also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA.
Please send your resume to Info@AmyCellTalent.com - thanks!