Electrical Engineer - HistoSonics - Ann Arbor
Are you an engineer with strong interest in electrical systems design, prototyping and engineering/product development? If yes, read on!
HistoSonics is a venture-backed medical device company developing a non-invasive robotic platform and novel beam therapy, Robotically Assisted Sonic Therapy (RAST)™. RAST uses the science of histotripsy and the pressure created by focused sound energy to liquify and destroy targeted tissue, including diseased tissue and tumors, at sub-cellular levels.
Histotripsy was developed at the University of Michigan and exclusively licensed to HistoSonics. The company is led by a team of experienced domain experts and industry leaders with offices in Ann Arbor, MI, and Minneapolis, MN.
HistoSonics recently closed a $54 million Series C financing.
About the role
We seek an Electrical Engineer (EE) to join our team in the research, design, engineering, development and testing of our FDA regulated Robotically Assisted Sonic Therapy (RAST)™ system. The EE will serve as an engineering lead in electrical systems development and will play an active role in creating and converting laboratory prototypes into cost-effective, scalable and marketable products.
In this role, you will:
- work with our research team to plan, set up, carry out, and document scientific experiments related to, electrical subassemblies and systems
- work as a member of the design/development team to develop requirements, test procedures, and design output documentation for new products
- provide electrical design solutions and integrate them into the overall therapy/robotic system
- provide PCB design, prototype building and testing
- perform and document engineering level (bench) testing activities for all sub-assemblies and related designs
- work closely with team members for new product development and continuous improvement of existing products and processes
- maintain a positive, results-oriented work environment, building partnerships and modeling teamwork, communicating to team members in an open, balanced and objective manner.
- create/maintain clean, safe, and effective work environment.
- perform applicable responsibilities in compliance with the Company’s Quality Management System and Design Control System
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Experience in electrical systems design, prototyping and engineering/product development.
- Strong knowledge/familiarity of testing and measuring tools/equipment (DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, Network/Spectrum Analyzers, Arbitrary Waveform Generators, etc.).
- Proficient in RF circuit design.
- Proficiency with Altium Designer (preferred) or equivalent.
- Good soldering rework skills (preferred).
- Familiarity with acoustic/ultrasound transducers and test equipment (a plus).
- Experience in medical device product design, build and launch (a plus).
- Please send your resume to: Info@AmyCellTalent.com - thanks!