General Manager - Detroit Vineyards - Detroit
Are you an experienced manager in the wine industry, and in wine production? If yes, cheers! We may have an outstanding opportunity for you with one of the world's largest urban wineries. Please read on!
Detroit Vineyards works with a collective of Michigan and Detroit-based grape growers, to craft superior wines, right in the heart of Detroit.
Detroit Vineyards was born of a mutual love of vineyards, wine culture and the idea of growing grapes in Detroit. Today, DV includes a winery, public and private tasting rooms, wine bar and vineyards, and produces world class wine, as well as mead and cider. At 15,000 sq ft, we have one of the world’s largest urban wineries.
About the Role
The General Manager will report to the Board and is responsible for leading and managing all operational aspects of the company, which include meeting or exceeding revenue and profit goals, and ensuring employee satisfaction and productivity, as well as product quality and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and reporting P&L monthly to the board
- Managing all the sales channels, including in-house, distribution, private and corporate events, on line sales, out-of-state and international sales
- Managing operations, including bar, tasting room, and production, driving outstanding service culture throughout the winery
- Insuring employee engagement and performance
- Evaluation, hiring and firing of employees
- Safety and security management
- Interacting with patrons and clients to ensure their satisfaction
- Providing sales, financial and marketing data, reports, trends, resources and counsel to the board
- Experience as General or Associate Manager in the wine business.
- Strong knowledge of wine and wine production.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of local market or similar markets
- Strong strategic planning and long term planning skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong knowledge in sales and revenue management
- Track record in maintaining and improving department profitability
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the daily operations of the winery
- Ability to ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in guest satisfaction, employee satisfaction, sales and marketing, and profit/financial control
- Experience in developing, maintaining and leading strong and effective working teams
- Budget and P&L expertise
- Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes for maximum operating efficiency
- Ability to evaluate trends, new approaches and practices in order to improve guest and team satisfaction and performance
- Please send your resume to Info@AmyCellTalent.com - thanks