Director, Manufacturing - PJ Wallbank Springs, Inc - Port Huron
Are you a person who aspires to operational excellence through lean manufacturing? Do you have a track record of leadership and the ability to manage growing operations? If so, please read on!
About the company
In 1954 Phil Wallbank, a spring maker from England, immigrated to Canada to accept a foreman position at a spring factory in Ontario. After a short time, Phil decided to start his own company. Springs were tempered in the kitchen oven and machines were made from old washing machine motors and other hardware scraps. In the late 1970s, automakers were looking for a better option than using loose, single springs in their transmission clutches. In 1982, PJ Wallbank Springs Inc. (PJWS) was founded in Port Huron, Michigan by Mel Wallbank specifically to meet this need.
Today PJWS supplies spring packs to customers all around the world. This Port Huron company is a family-owned and a key member of the community. They have made a significant investment in Port Huron public schools to provide STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) equipment and supplies.
About the role
This Inc. 5000 manufacturing company that designs and builds its own manufacturing equipment is creating a new role to help support growth, quality, and lean manufacturing initiatives. This role will report to the President and oversee all operations, including manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, maintenance, materials/inventory, and quality functions.
Key responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Achieve production, quality and cost targets
- Drive innovation & efficiencies throughout the manufacturing organization
- Attract, retain and develop staff
- Ensure a safe environment
- Leverage ERP system
- Participate on the leadership team and have an impact on overall company strategy
- Determine machine building strategy
The ideal candidate for this role has many of the following traits and experiences:
- Track record of lean systems implementation and execution
- Experience in a growing company, including scaling up manufacturing operations
- Manages by walking around
- Creates a positive work environment that supports and develops team members
- Please send resume with cover letter to Info@AmyCellTalent.com - thanks!