Vehicle and Equipment Manager - Beauchamp Lawn and Snow Services - Brighton
We seek a manager to maintain our equipment and to coordinate repairs. If this sounds like you, please read on!
We are a leading provider of residential and commercial landscape installations and we pride ourselves on using top-of-the-line equipment and providing premier customer service. Our current fleet contains around 70 vehicles and 50 mowers, including: Ford Trucks (F150, F250, F350 etc.), Ford Dump Trucks, Isuzu’s, 10 Diesel trucks, loaders and mini excavators, trailers, and snow equipment.
About the Job
In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining all equipment and coordinating repairs with outside vendors as needed by performing the following duties:
- Ensure the vehicle and equipment fleet is fully operational and safe.
- Report all equipment breakdowns and malfunctions to management.
- Work with sales and operations to ensure spring and winter fleet transitions are timely.
- Anticipate repairs and gets ahead of them to reduce cost and downtime.
- Use manual systems and/or maintenance software to track repairs, PMs, hours, and parts expense.
- Keep garage area clean, safe, and well-organized.
- Follow all OSHA, MIOSHA, and safety rules and regulations.
- Make recommendations on fleet and equipment replacements.
- Perform work in garage setting and all that entails.
You have strong experience with a variety of vehicles and with coordinating maintenance activities.
- Hardworking, honest, and reliable.
- Works well with little supervision.
- Engine and equipment repair knowledge and general hardware knowledge.
- Exceptional organizational skills, able to prioritize tasks, and work independently.
- Strong customer service focus.
You bring the skills and background necessary to:
- Evaluate cars, pickups, dump trucks, loaders, skid steers, tractors, vans, trailers, small engines, and other related equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on all shop equipment, trucks, and any other necessary equipment.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and to respond to questions from vendors, workers, and management.
- Interpret a variety of instructions (written, oral, diagram, or schedule form).
- Complete all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Provide cost-effective sourcing of vehicle, equipment, and shop supplies and parts required.
- Perform basic math calculations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide; compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs).
- Lift or move tools, equipment, or materials up to 50 pounds.
- Use on-line repair and preventative maintenance software programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Please send your resume and contact information to Info@AmyCellTalent.com