Machine Operator - P.J. Wallbank Springs, Inc. - Port Huron
P.J. Wallbank Springs, Inc. invites you to apply to our position of Machine Operator.
We are a company with a wonderful heritage, commitment to our Port Huron community and a vision for our future. We aspire to our core values and are seeking to add to our team people that want to be a part of great community and are looking for more than just a paycheck.
What you can expect:
We manufacture spring packs in a high-volume assembly operation. This is a repetitive, machine paced environment!
You will work at your own individual workstation, not an assembly line. This is interesting for those who like to run like your own shop, but it requires initiative and motivation.
This position requires standing on your feet throughout the shift.
We have a seniority-based job selection model, where each day you might be working on a different machine and are subject to move around based on production needs. This requires adaptability and patience since some of the machines are easier than others.
We work diligently and customer demand predicts our working schedules. Currently we are working mandatory overtime - five ten-hour days and 8 hours on Saturday. You will make an overtime incentive after 40 hours of work during a week.
The current openings are on 2nd shift and 3rd shift:
- Second Shift - Starts at 1:50pm and ends at 10:05pm if there is not overtime. If there is overtime, the shift ends at 12:05am.
- Third Shift - Starts at 9:50pm and ends at 6:05am if there is not overtime. If there is overtime, the shift starts at 7:50pm.
We want people to join our team that have the following qualities:
- Willingness to learn
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Align with core values
- Make continued efficiencies improvement during your first 90 days so that you are operating the machines towards a target of 90%.
- Notify the Leaders when a defect is identified 100% of the time.
- Daily reports are completed and accurate at the end of each shift.
- “Load check” 4 parts every 3,000 springs to validate normal specs are maintained throughout production.
- Confirm correct label and ensure compliance with labeling instructions for each full box.
- Maintain proper 5S and cleanliness around the workstation
What does P.J. Wallbank Springs offer in return:
- Competitive hourly base rate
- Incentive premium based on efficiency rate performance, available each pay period
- Paid sick leave (40 hours), vacation pay and paid holidays after 90 days of employment
- Optional health, dental and vision insurance after 90 days
- 2 paid breaks (10 minutes each)
- Opportunity to grow professionally
- Tuition reimbursement opportunity
- Eligible for 401(k) company contribution
Please apply through our online Job Portal here - thanks!