Project Manager (Government Contracts) - Mopec - Madison Heights
Are you a well-rounded project manager who is familiar with the needs of government projects and passionate about creating proactive touch points with existing and potential customers? If yes, read on!
Mopec is a leading manufacturer of capital equipment for pathology laboratories, medical examiners, anatomy labs, and animal research facilities. In addition, Mopec is a distributor of many medical products used by those facilities. Mopec also provides complimentary services to our customers that help prevent mistakes, save money, and keep employees safe. Founded in 1992, Mopec’s customers include the leading medical facilities in the United States.
Mopec is growing its business with all levels of government, within the United States and internationally. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual who will play a key role on our team driving this growth.
About the Role
The Government Contract Project Manager (Manager) will serve as the point person for all relationships with federal, state, local, and international governmental customers. Manager will develop and oversee a marketing plan that supports Mopec’s overall business plan and growth objectives with these customers. In addition to fostering a favorable business relationship with governmental customers, Manager will ensure that Mopec is in strict compliance with all laws and regulations governing these business opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services to be a valuable resource for all governmental customers.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop, implement, maintain, and revise as needed a strategic marketing plan for our governmental customers.
- Develop and implement strategies that support our growth objectives for governmental customers.
- Research and analyze the strategic direction and operational needs of governmental units to determine how we can best align as product and service partners for all existing and potential governmental customers.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to bidding and procurement activities in all governmental units, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and any other federal, state, local, and international requirements.
- Ensure we are compliant with the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to bidding, procurement, and related activities in those governmental units.
- Ensure our presence in the marketplace and that our products and services are known to all existing and potential governmental customers.
- Research, analyze, and identify sales opportunities on all governmental bidding or procurement websites or other available resources, including relevant industry associations.
- As required for each governmental bidding or procurement website, register us as a vendor or other business entity to be eligible and available for all business opportunities.
- Complete proposals and bid submittal packages for opportunities identified on bidding websites and other resources.
- Manage order entry and factory project management for all “won” bids generated from bid submittal packages.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment to drive sales of Mopec’s products and services.
- Create proactive and daily touchpoints with existing and potential governmental customers.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues that arise internally or externally affecting successful performance of any responsibility described in this document.
- Author proposals, reports, white papers, standard operating procedures, website descriptions, or any other content relevant to Mopec’s operations with governmental customers.
- Associate's Degree or higher.
- Sales experience, preferably inside sales.
- Strong customer service focus and quality orientation.
- Experience developing executive level customer relationships including excellent negotiation, presentation, communication, strategic thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with professional and technical internal or external personnel and governmental customers’ personnel.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and all general office equipment.
- Bidding, procurement, and sales experience with governmental units is preferred.
- Experience with business management software is preferred, including enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Experience in the pathology, histology, necropsy, autopsy, or mortuary industries is preferred.
- Please submit your resume to us via our Online Job Portal here - thanks!