Snr Software Developer for Hands-On (*Still Loves to Code*) CTO Role - Livegistics - Detroit
Are you looking to play a critical role at one of the hottest, most diverse tech companies in Michigan? Do you have an organized and creative mindset that drives you to find innovative solutions to common problems? If yes, we want to hear from you today!
Livegistics, LLC is a tech startup (www.livegistics.com) that helps contractors eliminate the mountain of paper load tickets by digitizing them on the cloud, allowing for live tracking, easy reconciliation and long-term file storage.
Livegistics substantially reduces fraud by providing an unprecedented level of transparency to project owners and municipalities for load data between landfills, pits, contractors, and heavy hauling companies.
About the Opportunity
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop a company’s technological backbone from the ground up? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Our start-up company, in the construction and logistics industry, needs a Chief Technology Officer who can provide technical leadership.
The CTO is joining Livegestics at a time of investment and growth. Working closely with the CEO and senior leadership team, the CTO is responsible for establishing the company's technology strategy and overseeing the execution of that strategy. The CTO will lead the effort to build integrated and non-integrated platforms and oversee the implementation, integration and operation of third-party technology platforms and must have software development experience for the delivery of services.
The CTO will be a "hands-on" and not theoretical executive, who is a business-minded technologist possessing a strategic mindset and execution/results driven approach. The successful candidate will also have a strong track record of partnering with business leaders and clients to ensure achievement of the organization's short- and long-term objectives. Given expected growth, ability to operate a lean and productive organization is a requirement.
Key duties include:
- Lead the development efforts to migrate our current successful version of our SaaS software to a new platform.
- Manage the planning, execution and control of multiple projects simultaneously to successful completion.
- Works with department managers and leadership to ensure that overall business objectives are met through the development and management of necessary enterprise technology solutions.
- Create a strong internal culture to manage projects with accurate estimates and strong communication to stakeholders.
- Create project schedules, manage and allocate resources, plan and track projects to ensure all deliverables are met; managing from kick-off through final execution.
- Priority management - intercepting distractions to ensure the team stays on track.
- Self-motivated with excellent communication skills.
- Create software design specifications - including database design and software security and privacy standards.
- Building out the rest of the development team.
The ideal candidate must show a passion for leadership and inspiration in motivating various teams to deliver cohesively and exceptionally on the defined goals. We require significant experience in development activities on large projects and advanced software architecture and deployment in a large project.
Other key attributes include:
- Passion for identifying new trends, technologies, and best practices that could benefit the company or it’s customers.
- Familiarity with common mobile and web application architectures, best practice design methods, Agile software development cycle.
- Knowledge and experience working with Google Firebase products.
- Experience working with products that scale to hundreds of thousands of simultaneous users.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with peers, brand leaders, and other senior management throughout the company.
- Able to be a “big picture” thinker.
- Excellent leadership, team building, and management skills.
Sound like you? Please submit your resume via our online job portal here! - thanks!