Head of Engineering (Software) - Auto Approve - SE Michigan
We seek an experienced Lead for our amazing team of software and quality engineers as we grow and build great products!
Auto Approve is a nationwide auto loan refinance company, assisting vehicle owners by reducing their interest rates and payments. We believe that most people are paying too much on everything, including their vehicle. That’s why we’re here – to be your expert on refinancing, auto lease purchasing, and all things refi.
Join our rapidly expanding teams for life changing innovation in building our next generation platform.
About the Role
The Head of Engineering will lead our engineering department and help us build great products. You’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of Software and Quality Engineers in building various software platforms
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Ensure stakeholder expectations are aligned with project plans
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
- Work with Product Manager, Product Owners and stakeholders to define requirements and ship experiments regularly
- Research and recommend technologies and systems that promote the corporate direction for software architectures and the connectivity between systems that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Lead cross functional engineering teams and drive towards target milestone and completion dates, holding each team member accountable
- Maintain current understanding of industry standards, trends, and best practices through industry and other professional networks and be an expert with respect to the competition
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s (preferred) in computer science, related field OR equivalent experience
- Work experience as a Director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Relevant experience working in financial services industry
- Hands-on experience building state of the art applications using multiple languages and in building database designs
- Experience with providing frequent technical guidance to others on software
- Cloud Development using Azure SQL Server, Azure Cosmos Db, Azure Service Fabric, APIs, Serverless technology, RPA, AI/ML
- Scalable Applications using Event driven Microservices, third party Integration
- Software development using .Net Core, MVC Web Portal, REACT, node.js, Power BI
- Experience with Compliance, SOX, SOC2 and Audits
- Certification in Software Architecture and InfoSec (CISSP, CCSP, CISM) is preferred
- Agile development experience including SCRUM, Kanban and DevOps
- Must have hands-on experience with all facets of the software development life cycle
- Must be an expert in building modern multi-tier applications and web services
- Must have a good understanding of computer networks
- Please share your interest with us via our online job portal here - thanks!