Building Code Enforcement Officer (Part-Time) - City of Fraser - Michigan
The City of Fraser seeks a Building Code Enforcement Officer with strong communication skills and a desire to serve the community.
About the City of Fraser
Located in central Macomb County, one of the three counties which comprise the Detroit Metro Area, the City of Fraser offers a safe, family-friendly suburban environment whose residents enjoy its small-town atmosphere.
About the Opportunity
The primary purpose of this job is to assist in protecting the property values of homes within the City by making sure that properties are maintained. This position enforces applicable codes to prevent deterioration within neighborhoods, takes complaints and conducts investigations and inspections while educating the public on the City’s legal responsibilities, options, and services.
Key Duties Include:
- Investigates complaints from residents regarding property maintenance, junk, debris, unlicensed vehicles and various other problems on private property.
- Communicates effectively with homeowners, tenants, landlords and business owners regarding complaints and/or violations which they have been issued.
- Inspects properties for rodent harborage.
- Reinspects properties and issues court notices for violations not corrected within a reasonable or specified period of time.
- Issues notices to homeowners informing them the violation exists and what they should do to correct them.
- Presents case facts to the City Attorney, and testifies in District Court if necessary.
The ideal candidate for this role would enjoy the opportunity to provide a safe and pleasant environment for Fraser residents, has a valid DL, and is comfortable with situations that require strong communication and conflict management skills. Thnk you
Please share your resume with us via our online job portal here.