Mechanical Design Engineer - Nimbus (EV Startup) - Ann Arbor
Are you looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to use your engineering and design skills to create a transformative mobility solution? If so, keep reading!
Nimbus is developing self-balancing electric pod vehicles with the goal of changing how people move inside cities. We are at the intersection of electrification, micromobility, mobility as a service, and autonomy and are backed by Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, and other prominent investors.
You will be joining the early stages of an EV company challenging the status quo by defining a new vehicle type. We are tackling climate change and urban transportation problems like congestion that's not being addressed by the auto industry. We are aiming to be to the automobile what the smartphone is to the personal computer.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for a mechanical design engineer to join our team to lead the design of future iterations of our prototype and production vehicles. You will help build out the rest of our mechanical engineering team and work with them to improve and design all vehicle components. Key duties include:
- Lead mechanical engineering for our prototype and production vehicles
- Help hire the rest of the mechanical engineering team
- Contribute to the design and optimization of vehicle components using CAD
- Creation of 2D drawings to be made using both prototype and production fabrication methods
- Help manage fabrication and assembly of vehicles
- Validation of design through testing
- Help interact with suppliers
- Collaborate with engineering firms and consultants on certain parts of our vehicles
You are resourceful, enjoy being challenged, thrive in a high pressure environment, relish creative problem solving, and enjoy working in a team. The following experiences would be helpful:
- BS in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years experience as a mechanical design engineer in the auto and/or powersport industries
- Desire to lead full vehicle development life cycles from design to production
- Experience as an engineering leader
- Passionate about solving societal problems such as climate change and traffic safety
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- Please share your resume with us via our online job portal - thanks!