HR Director - FreightVerify - Onsite, Ann Arbor
Seeking a hands on HR leader with experience in the start-up world delivering results to the organization by balancing the needs and interests of employees and the business!
Location: Ann Arbor Office (*Must be in commuting distance to Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA)
FreightVerify team created a platform to solve the major pain points, key challenges and big opportunities in the realm of supply-chain logistics. We integrate with customers’ existing supply chains at the enterprise level and track everything in real-time for true end-to-end results - providing ETA prediction, on-time performance measurement, business intelligence, reporting and analysis.
About the role
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the company ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Identify staffing and recruiting needs; develop and execute best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Lead the Performance Management; recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Plan, lead, develop, coordinate, and implement policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administer and oversee the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations.
- Conduct research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitor and ensure the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; apply this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- HR experience as a generalist in a high-performance start up or small company environment required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of partnering with senior leaders to develop and implement talent strategies that produce measurable outcomes and drive business results.
- Proven ability to be hands on, roll up sleeves and demonstrate resourcefulness, initiative, results-orientation.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
The position comes with excellent pay and benefits.
Please share your resume with us via our online job portal here - thanks!